[protege-discussion] How to keep the knowledge base in a RDBMS?

Renata Porto rporto.usp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 13:41:15 PDT 2008

Dear All.
I have a set of domain ontologies in RDF/OWL and now I want to create
my instances to be used by domain entities.
My idea is to keep the RDF/OWL ontologies in a text file and the RDF
instances in a Relation Database (MySQL).
How can I use the Protege to create the tables and relationships in
the database to be used by an application?
How is the developers creating the architecture with ontology, its
instances and the consumer applications?
Since the instances in a RDBMS are in RDF how can I associate the
semantic meanings from an OWL ontology.
Cheers,  Renata.