[protege-discussion] Enable Journaling in Project Options?

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 17 17:52:22 PDT 2008

The journaling option will create a journal file (with the extension
"pjrn") in the same directory as your pprj file that will contain a log
of all the creation operations in the ontology. The log is pretty
verbose, so if you have many write operations, you may see a performance
hit. Just for the normal UI operation, it will be fine. But, if for
instance you have a plugin that generates 10000 classes and 2000 slots,
probably it will run slower because of the journaling.

What is the reason you want to use the journaling? If you want to track
the changes in the ontology, you may consider the Changes Tab [1] or
Collaborative Protege [2], which are distributed with the Protege
installation.

Tania

[1]: http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Changes_Tab
[2]: http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/collab-protege/