[protege-discussion] protege Characters problem

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 17 18:17:08 PDT 2008

I suppose this is an OWL question. Please post in future OWL related
questions on the protege-owl mailing list.

Certain characters are not allowed in the name of a class. If you want
to use special characters they need to be escaped. This is not very well
supported in the current version of Protege 3. I've tested "Insert
Unicode Character" in the latest Protege 3.4 build (128) and it seems to
work. The only problem is that when you reload the file, Protege does
not interpret the character correctly and it will create a prefix for
it, e.g. "p1:" that will point to the correct class name.

Some of these issues will be solved in the next Protege beta release.

If you have OWL related questions, please ask them on the protege-owl
mailing list or in the p4feedback list.

Thanks,
Tania