[protege-discussion] Protege & DataMaster

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 18 10:09:38 PDT 2008

Gibson,

Gudo Rangu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have just managed to connect from Protege 3.3.1 to MySQL DB using
> DataMaster. I realize however that the latest Protege 4.0 supports a
> good number of things like reasoners, OWL-DL etc which the other
> Protege versions do not do.

Protege 4 does indeed have many features that Protege 3 doesn't, and
vice-versa. You can use DataMaster in Protege 3 to import the database
schema and data into an owl ontology, and then open that ontology with
Protege 4.

Protege 3.4 beta also has a direct reasoner connection. Go to the
Reasoning menu and select "Pellet" to activate the direct reasoner.

Please post in future Protege 4 related questions on the p4feedback
list. If you have a Protege 3 OWL question, please use the protege-owl
mailing list:

http://protege.stanford.edu/community/lists.html

Tania