[protege-discussion] error converting from SQL Server db to owl file

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 18 10:31:17 PDT 2008

Hi Jill,

Sorry for the delayed answer.

When you converted the OWL file, I suppose you converted it to the "
OWL/RDF Database" format, not the "Protege Database" format (which is
the frames database backend).

 From the error message, it seems that you are using the ODBC driver. It
is recommended that you use the JDBC driver for SQL Server that you can
download from the Microsoft website [1]. The ODBC driver has several
limitations and it is also much slower than the JDBC driver. We are also
not testing the database backends with the ODBC driver.

We also have had several discussion threads about issues related to
using SQL Server as the database backend. Maybe this thread helps:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.ontology.protege.owl/7128/match=sql+server

Please ask in future OWL related questions on the Protege-OWL mailing list.

Tania

[1]:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8e2dfc8d-c20e-4446-99a9-b7f0213f8bc5&displaylang=en