[protege-discussion] Versioning in Client Server Mode

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Fri Apr 18 02:03:49 PDT 2008

Thanks Tania,

That would be good. I appreciate that the revert is not a straight-
forward use-case in client/server mode and I agree with what you're
suggesting. The revert needs to be a controlled and co-ordinated
thing. Thinking about it due to that is there a case for saying that
you can archive in client/server mode but only revert in stand-alone
mode? I know it's not as slick or complete but it forces you to
quiesce the server (stop it, basically) before you do any revert from
an archive.
This is basically how I operate my 'super-user' privileges currently -
only super users access the project in stand-alone mode. This  also
works well when making things like Form changes.

Jonathan

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd