[protege-discussion] Problem importing an rdfs file with protege-frames editor

Antonia Iliopoulou antonia.iliopoulou at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 06:07:19 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I am new to the ontology development with protege - frames and I would
appreciate your help.
I try to build a product ontology and I want to use the unspsc84 library in
order to get a big number of instances.
I have this library locally as an rdfs file.
I read at http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RDFBackend that the
RDFBackend plug in (which is bundled with the full installation of protege)
helps to create,import and save RDF(s) files using the Protege-Frames
editor. I also read the user guide that is available at
http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/users.html.
According to this guide under the Project Menu I should have the "Import
Project" option.
But I do not have this option although the plug in is installed!
Could anyone help me understand why does this happen?
Or could anyone explain to me how to import an rdf file from the
protege-frames editor?

Thank you in advance,
Antonia