[protege-discussion] blank windows when running protege on debian

Frank Wilson fajwilson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 07:18:29 PDT 2008

For some reason I get blank windows whenever I start protege on debian
x86_32. This happens whether i use 1.5 or 1.6 java vm. This also
happens whether i use run_protege.sh or Protege (not sure which i am
supposed to use).

My VMs are:

java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode)

java version "1.5.0_14"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_14-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_14-b03, mixed mode)

Does anybody know what could be causing this problem?

Frank Wilson