[protege-discussion] Necessary and Sufficient conditions in Protege-Frames/Protege-OWL

Kiran Dasari dkiranone at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 11:41:07 PDT 2008

Hi Guys,

I am sorry. I have been repeatedly asking the same question from many days.
I thought I will be more clear with an example.

I have a restriction like :-

If temperature > 50C || temperature <10C, then situation is "abnormal"
If temperature <40C && temperature >10C, then situation is "normal
condition"

Simillarly I have one more restriction like

If temperature > 40C && Pressure > 100 psi, then situation is "abnormal"

I was wondering if I can create such restrictions in Protege-Frames or will
it be possible to create them in protege-owl,and if so how do I do it. To my
knowledge I know that we can't create such rules in protege-frames. Please
correct me if I am wrong.

I have the temperature and pressure values in a text file associated with
their respective sensor ID's.
for example:-

001|50|    -- 001 is the sensorID ; 50 is the measurement
002|30|

The sensor class in the ontology has subclasses like temperature sensor and
pressure sensor. The subclasses have properties like "hasSensorID" &
"hasMeasurement" using which I create individuals like tempsensor1,
tempsenor2 etc.

For example--

tempsensor1 -- hasSensorID 001 and hasMeasurement ..... ; In the
"hasMeasurement" property i am confused whether I need to give a range or
else leave it blank so that I can send the measurement from the text file.

There is also a situation class in the ontology with the "abnormal" ,
"normal conditions" as individuals.

Now my question is, how do I check the  measurementvalues in the text
file using the "hasSensorID" values that I assigned to the sensors in the
ontology.

I will really appreciate it if someone can help me with a suggestion.

Thanks,
Kiran