[protege-discussion] blank windows when running protege on debian

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 29 19:48:45 PDT 2008

Frank,

I am working on Ubuntu, and had a similar experience some times ago. It
seems that there is a bug in the Swing implementation related to
parentless windows. Probably if you google for "blank screen Swing
Debian", you will get several results. So this problem appears for all
Swing-based applications, not just for Protege

The fix for me was to add in my .bashrc the line:

export AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit

Tania