[protege-discussion] jess,jesstab and protege-frame in applet.

anne neldel anne-neldel at hotmail.fr
Wed Apr 30 04:35:33 PDT 2008

hello everybody,

I work with Protege-frame, Jess, JessTab and Eclipse, and my goal is to
build an applet using these tools. this is what I can not achieve.

The ontology that I used to represent you my problem consists of a single
class called person represented by two slots name and age and having 5
instances.
To try to achieve this applet I used the codes below:

JAVA Code :

import java.awt.Container;

import javax.swing.JApplet;
import javax.swing.JComboBox;
import javax.swing.JPanel;

import jess.JessException;
import jess.QueryResult;
import jess.Rete;
import jess.ValueVector;
import JessTab.JessTabFunctions;

public class app extends JApplet
{
public void init ()
{
		pan = new JPanel ();
		contenu = getContentPane() ;
		contenu.add(pan) ;
		combo = new JComboBox() ;
		pan.add(combo) ;

		Rete moteur = new Rete();
		moteur.addUserpackage(new JessTabFunctions());

		try {moteur.executeCommand("(load-project onto.pprj)");}
			catch (JessException e) {e.printStackTrace();}

		try {moteur.batch("exp.clp");}
			catch (JessException e) {e.printStackTrace();}

		try {moteur.executeCommand("(run)");}
			catch (JessException e) {e.printStackTrace();}

		try {moteur.eval("(defquery quer (object (is-a person)(name ?n) (age
?a)))");}
			catch (JessException e) {e.printStackTrace();}

		QueryResult champ = null;

		try {champ = moteur.runQueryStar("quer",new ValueVector() );}
			catch (JessException e) {e.printStackTrace();}

		while(champ.next())
			try {combo.addItem(champ.getString("n")+"  "+champ.getInt("a"));}
				catch (JessException e) {e.printStackTrace();}

}
	private JComboBox combo;
	private JPanel pan;
	private Container contenu;

}

JESS Code : exp.clp

(reset)

(mapclass person)

While viewing the applet with Eclipse, it works without problem. But when I
try to include it in an HTML page using the code below, it does not

HTML Code

<applet
code= "app.class"
name="app"
width="125"
height="125"
archive="jess.jar,JessTab12.jar,protege.jar"

</applet>

Knowing that I put in a single file the following elements:

- app.class
- the Jess program
- the ontology (onto.pprj, ontp.pins, onto.pont)
- the jars : protege.jar, JessTab12.jar, jess.jar
- the  HTML page

thank you in advance.