[protege-discussion] Editing UNSPSC with protege frames

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 30 13:13:01 PDT 2008

Antonia,

There are two ways of editing RDF(S) files in protege:

1. Solution 1 is  to use the RDF Backend (the UI similar to Protege
frames). Then, you need indeed two files: the schema (rdfs) and the
instances file (rdf). However, the distinction about schema and
instances is not a strict one. So, you can just create an empty rdf file
(with the same name as the rdfs file, but with extension ".rdf"). You
can use the file attached to this email and rename it. Start protege,
click on New project, select "RDF Files" in the "Select Project Type"
and enable the checkbox "Create from existing sources". Then follow the
wizard steps.

2. Solution 2 is to use the Protege-OWL RDF backend (the UI will look
like the Protege-OWL one). For this, you can use only one file (no need
for the rdf file). Start Protege, "Create New project", select "OWL/RDFS
files" and click "Create from existing sources" and in the next screen,
add the rdfs file in the Ontology URI field.

I hope this helps.

Tania