[protege-discussion] SlotWidget

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Fri Aug 1 02:21:53 PDT 2008

Hi,

I think what you're trying to achieve is to have slots that can
contain multiple instances of any Cls in your ontology. I think the
best thing to do would be to modify your ontology in Protege so that
the slots that are to hold these Collections (Instance slot with
multiple cardinality) are setup such that they are Instance slots and
set the 'allowed classes' to be something at the top of your
heterogeneous class hierachy. For example, I have a class that is the
base class for all my classes in my ontology. I would then set the
slot to such that it allowed Instances of "MyBaseClass". Then to see
the collections in your model, it's simply a case of using a Multiple
Instance widget in the form and everything will display properly.

I think this is at the root of your problem - that you are trying to
display Instances in a slot set up for values.

Hope this helps - please let me know if this isn't clear

Regards

Jonathan

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd

Assess your EA maturity at: