[protege-discussion] Windows XP64 install bug

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 4 16:23:46 PDT 2008

Hello David,

Sorry to hear that you are having a problem with the installer.  The
installer is working fine on 32-bit XP systems, but unfortunately, I
don't have a 64-bit system to test with.  I would recommend the following:

1).  Upgrade to the latest Protege 3.4 beta build [1].  We are not that
far away from releasing this version and it has many important bug fixes
that have been integrated since the 3.3.1 release.

2).  If you still have problems with an empty Program Group, you can fix
this manually in the Windows Explorer under C:\Documents and
Settings\<your-user-name>\Start Menu\Programs.  Here, you can edit the
Protege Program Group to have the name that you want, and you can make
sure that the correct shortcut to the Protege application is present.
Steps for doing this sort of thing are described in detail on
Microsoft's website [2].

Jennifer

[1] http://protege.stanford.edu/download/registered.html#p34b
[2]