[protege-discussion] question about changes tab in client-server mode and ordering

Nafiye Talas n.talas at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 6 02:47:20 PDT 2008

Hi Tania,

How is the progress on making the changes tab available in client-server mode?
Can you maybe give an indication when this feature will be available?

Thanks in advance.
I also have a question regarding ordering. How can I make sure that the instances are ordered in a way the users want?
"Displayed lists of instantiated objects may be ordered where the order may be determined by the user and will be persistent. In case of an n..m relation, there will be two separate orderings."
Greetz,

Nafiye

From: n.talas at hotmail.comTo: protege-discussion at lists.stanford.eduSubject: RE: question about changes tab in client-server modeDate: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 12:20:36 +0200

Hi Tania, Thanks for the information. That explains it all :-) When do you think this new release will become available?Will that be few weeks or months? Greetz,Nafiye --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi Nafiye,Thank you for the information and the files. I did not look at the files, but if you converted the annotation project to use the database backend, then it is clear what happened. The current version of Protege and Changes Tab only works with the annotations project as a file project.We are very close to releasing a new version of the Changes Tab that will support storing the annotations ontology in a database. Until then, please don't change the storage format of the annotations ontology.Cheers,Tania

From: n.talas at hotmail.comTo: protege-discussion at lists.stanford.eduSubject: RE: question about changes tab in client-server modeDate: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 16:08:11 +0200

Tania, Yes, I did modified it manually.And when I open the main project in stand-alone mode the changes tab doesn't come up correctly. I also compared my project with the newspaper project and no differences. Maybe it has something to do with that I save the annotation project as a protege database? Anyway herewith the files you asked for. Hopefully we'll get a step closer in finding the rootcause. Thanks in advance, Nafiye  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------Nafiye,Thank you for the information. From the stack trace it seems that there is something wrong with the annotations project.Did you modify it manually?If you open the main project in stand-alone mode does the Changes Tab come up correctly? If yes, then probably there is a problem in the metaproject file. You need to make sure that the main project instance in the metaproject has associated to it the right annotation ontology instance.If you still have difficulties, you can send me the main project, the annotations project, and the metaproject and I can tell you what the problem is.Please try also to open the collaborativeNewspaper example project that comes with the Protege installation and enable the ChangesTab. That should work fine. Then compare in the metaproject whether the configuration of your project is similar to the one of the collaborativeNewspaper (which should work).Tania

From: n.talas at hotmail.comTo: protege-discussion at lists.stanford.eduSubject: re: question about changes tab in client-server modeDate: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:10:42 +0200

Hello Tania, Yes, I activated the ChangesTab first and saved in standalone mode. Indeed I get the red box when opening the project in client-server mode. I also followed the steps mentioned in the installation link below, but still no success. I have attached the log file and a complete screenshot of the ChangesTab. Hopefully the attached information will help in finding a solution.  ps. another quick question, is there a possibility to import data from excel? Thanks in advance. Nafiye  ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sorry, I sent the message by mistake before finishing it.Did you activate the ChangesTab first and saved in standalone mode?You got the red box when opening the project in client-server mode (multi-user mode)? To make ChangesTab work in client-server mode, you need to adjust the metaproject as described here:http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/collab-protege/#InstallationThat should solve the problem. I'll update the wiki with this information.TaniaTania Tudorache wrote:> You did the right thing. Can you send us the exception that you get in > the console>> Nafiye Talas wrote:>   >> Dear Community,>>>> We are working with Protégé frames 3.4 beta, build 504 in a >> client-server mode.>>  >> I have activated the changes tab in our protégé db and I have also >> saved the annotation project as a db.>> But now we encounter some problems with the changes tab. The tab shows >> a red square and is completely grey.>> See the attached picture 'changesTab.bmp'.>>  >> I have setup the annotation project as explained in pdf file via >> the wiki 'http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Changes_Tab'>>  >> Hopefully it's just some setting I overlooked and not a bug.>>  >> Thanks in advance for a reply.>>  >> With kind regards,>>  >> Nafiye Talas

Lees jij al je Hotmail op je mobiel? Probeer het nu!

Lees jij al je Hotmail op je mobiel? Probeer het nu!

Chat met al je vrienden. Nodig ze nu uit voor Messenger!