[protege-discussion] External resource as a value for objectProperty?

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Thu Aug 21 09:21:22 PDT 2008

On Aug 21, 2008, at 3:46 AM, Lemminkaeinen . wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how do I set a resource not present in the ontology
> being developed as value for an
> ObjectProperty? When I have done it manually to the
> OWL-file, it shows up in Protege with
> a small globe symbol next to it, but I can't figure
> out how to add such a value in
> Protege.

Go to the menu
    OWL > Preferences...

and check the box labeled "Allow creation of external resources
(untyped URIs)" in the General tab.

   After that, I'm not sure what happens, since I haven't actually
tried it.