[protege-discussion] Re presenting instances containing instances in Jambalaya

R H rajamhayek at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 15:59:56 PDT 2008

 Hi Naji,

That is easy in Jambalaya using the "Custom Views":

Your instance ontology is related via the "contains" relationship, so America contains North_America, Central_America and South_America.

If you click at the bottom left of Jambalaya the blue "Custom Views" area, you will get a popup window, Press the "New Quick View" icon at the top left and name your view, keep the selection on nested (not flat).  Then in the tabbed panel choose "Nesting Hierarcy" (Hierarchy is mispelled in my view!).  You will see probably 2 "contains" relationships, choose the "contains" relationship that does not have "(Connects classes)" next to it, if you don't see 2 then just click the one you see.  Press the Run Quick View icon on the top panel, you are in your view now, close the window to see your ontology.  As you zoom into Geographic_Areas you will see America and all instances, but now zooming into America you will see the other instances North, Central and South.

Cheers,
Raja