[protege-discussion] Modelling question

Nick Drummond nick.drummond at cs.manchester.ac.uk
Tue Aug 26 03:49:43 PDT 2008

Rich,
Please ask all further OWL questions on the protege-owl list.

As to your statement about the explosion of classes, one of the main
advantages of OWL is that you do not have to create a named class for each
combination (or for any combination unless you are particularly interested
in it).
You can query for subclasses or membership of any arbitrary combination at
runtime - eg Run and (hasModifier some StartsOnLeftFoot) and (hasModifier
some Forward) and ...

Nick