[protege-discussion] GWT WebProtege Status Inquiry

Ron Schultz rcaschultz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 19:37:43 PDT 2008

I was wondering what was the status of the GWT WebProtege Project. I
downloaded and setup the software this weekend and noted a number of small
inconsistencies with the documentation on the Wiki. I was wondering if these
were already known issues, and when we can expect the project to be
released?

Identified Inconsistencies:

   - ProjectManager class is set to load ontologies from protege server, not
   local file system. This differs from the Wiki doc. Thought I was going have
   to setup client-server mode.
   - There should be some specific notes mentioning that some experience
   with GWT is useful prior to setting up this project in its current state.
   The development jar, development dlls (for Windows), and classpath setup is
   a little tricky. I also noted that one cannot import a project into Eclipse
   after the project is checked out from Subversion into Eclipse. Get a
   "Project already exists" warning. These are small issues - otherwise GREAT
   WORK !

When will edit capability be available, and is there anything I can do to
help?

Thank you, Jennifer and Tania and the Protege Team.

--
Ron Schultz