[protege-discussion] user access for projects in protege server

Tania Tudorache ttania at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 1 12:37:02 PST 2008

Hi Joachim,

You have probably seen the wiki for configuring the protege server using the meta-project:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Protege_Client-Server_Tutorial#The_Metaproject

First question is: what version of Protege are you using?

It is not a good idea to delete the operations "Read", "Write", "DisplayInProjectList" and the group "World". They are kind of system instances, that the policy manager has support for.

To have a project displayed in the available project list that is shown after the user has logged into the server, you need to add to a project a group operation that allows the group of user to "Read" and also "DisplayInProjectList". If you have removed any of these operations, then the policy manager will show all the projects.

Another thing is that the write policy is not enforced. We might provide this in the future releases.

If you still have problems with the configuration, you can send me the metaproject, and I will take a look at it.

Cheers,
Tania