[protege-discussion] web protege

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Dec 10 15:06:37 PST 2008

Hello Alex,

Zeltov, Alex (YBUSA-KOP) wrote:
> I am trying to get the web protege to run in my dev environment and
> running into ClassNotFound issue.

The edu.stanford.smi.protege.server.socket.RmiSocketFactory class is
part of the main body of Protege source code.  Please make sure that the
"protege.jar" file is on your classpath.

> Attached below is the stacktrace that I get. I am running Protege 3.4
> beta 516 and have the collaborative component setup correctly(I am
> able to login to the RMI project from protege client), I am running
> Tomcat 5.5 and have downloaded the latest webprotege war file.  I know
> the wiki said the compatibility with the standalone protege is 513 and
> I am going to install 513 in parrallel to see if that fixes my issue,
> but I would have expected that the newer version should be backward
> compatible.

This is not really a backwards compatibility issue.  The client-server
version of Protege only works properly when you have the same version of
Protege installed on the client and the server.  In other words, you'll
get errors if you try to access a Protege server using a Protege client
that is a different version.  WebProtege was compiled against 513, so
the server needs to be that version as well.

Jennifer