[protege-discussion] WebProtege Questions

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu Dec 18 14:07:19 PST 2008

Hi Manolis,

Thanks for trying out WebProtege.

I think what you have experienced is a refresh problem. Probably, when
you click on a different class, the instances list is not updated right
away and you still see instances from the previously selected class.
This may happen, if you have a large number of individuals. We are
working on fixing this type of refresh problems.

Related to the other question: we are also working to provide more
comprehensive support for editing ontologies in WebProtege. We hope to
have something early next year. Right now we are focusing on the plugin
framework for WebProtege to allow people to add their portlets and other
graphical extensions easily.

Some other things next on the list are the support for pagination which
is essential for large ontologies, and the editing support.

We have a wiki page where you can add feature requests:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/WebProtegeRoadMap

We are also happy to get community contributions for the WebProtege code.

Cheers,
Tania