[protege-discussion] protegewiki

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 7 10:57:21 PST 2008

Hello Len,

I corrected an error in your OntoBase 3.3.2 Wiki page
(http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/OntoBase_3.3.2) that was
preventing the new version from showing up in the main OntoBase page.

The "Versions & Compatibility" table in the plug-in pages are
automatically populated using a Semantic MediaWiki "ask" query.  The
query is written in such a way that it looks for all versions of a
plug-in that are associated with the specific plug-in name.  When you
entered your new version of OntoBase (version 3.3.2), you associated it
with a plug-in named "ONTOBaseTab".  In actuality, your plug-in name is
"OntoBase".  Because of the differences in spelling, the query did not
locate your new version number page and associate it with your plug-in.

Also, since I am on the topic of the Wiki, there is a known bug with
Semantic MediaWiki that is preventing the versions and changelog tables
from being sorted properly (in descending order).  An unfortunate side
effect of this is that the "Current Version" of a plug-in that is shown
in the information box on the right side of the plug-in pages is showing
up as the oldest, rather than the newest version.  We know about this,
but we haven't had time yet to do something about it.

Finally, a good thing to know about Semantic MediaWiki is that you often
need to click the "refresh" tab in the upper right corner of your pages
if you have made changes such as adding a new version, etc.  The ask
queries will be run again when you press "refresh" and new information
should show up immediately after that.

Jennifer