[protege-discussion] Please help me

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Mon Feb 11 02:41:53 PST 2008

The first thing to check is that you've got all the configuration set up in
the Protege plugins directory. I doubt NetBeans will sort this out for you.
Make sure you've got a JAR file that contains a MANIFEST file setup as per
the Protege instructions. Create a directory in your Protege/plugins
directory named for the package name of your new Tab widget. If you've got
all that, Protege should pick up your plugin.

One thing I would suggest is that you try running Protege with you new
widget outside of NetBeans. Deploy your plugin as above and then just run
Protege. There could be all sorts of classpath issues when trying to run it
from within NetBeans. Personally, I wrote my widgets by referencing the
relevent Protege JAR files in Eclipse at compile-time and then ran and
tested them by running Protege standalone - separately from Eclipse.

Hope this helps, if not, perhaps you could provide some more details of
where you've got to - what IS working and what isn't.

Jonathan

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd
Email: jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com

Assess your EA maturity at: