[protege-discussion] sparql panel

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 11 14:34:34 PST 2008

Jun,

Yes, you can query the inferred information in several ways. You can use
the API, see:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/ProtegeReasonerAPI

The SPARQL implementation is not linked to the inferred information
provided by a reasoner (e.g. Pellet). So, you will not be able to access
the inferred information through SPARQL. Actually, there is one way, by
using the internal representation used by Protege to store inferred
information. So, for example, you can write a query:

SELECT ?subject ?object
WHERE { ?subject protege:inferredType ?object }

which will return all the inferred types of all individuals in your
ontology. First, you will have to run a reasoner, like the built-in
Pellet connection, or a DIG reasoner. But, I discourage this approach
because we are going to change soon the internal representation of
inferred knowledge and then this solution won't work anymore.

Please post in future OWL related questions on the OWL mailing list.

Tania