[protege-discussion] Protege api for queryin classes

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 11 15:16:45 PST 2008

I assume you are talking about Protege frames.

You can use the Protege frames API to access all the information related
to classes.

For example, the method for getting the documentation of a class is in
the Cls interface of the Protege API:

cls.getDocumentation()

I am not sure what you mean by constraints of a class. If you mean PAL
constraints, then we have a very good documentation and Java examples on
how to use the constraints in Protege, here [1].

The documenation and Javadoc for the Protege API is here [2].

I also suggest that you read the paper [3] about the knowledge model of
Protege, that will help you understand better the Protege frames API.

Tania

[1] http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PALTabs
[2] http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/dev.html
[3] http://smi.stanford.edu/smi-web/reports/SMI-2000-0830.pdf