[protege-discussion] Running Protégé from a Windows Command Line

O'Neill, Dennis doneill at marathonoil.com
Thu Feb 14 07:03:18 PST 2008

I am trying to run Protégé from the command line under Windows XP so that I can specify a larger heap size; but I am having a problem. If I try either of the forms documented in the FAQ (http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/faq.html#02.03), I get the following error message:

C:\Program Files\Protege_3.4_beta>java -jar protege.jar -Xmx500M
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/jgoodies/looks/plastic/PlasticTheme
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.Application.main(Unknown Source)

I can run protégé.exe just fine from the protégé directory, but there doesn't seem to be any way to pass Java VM params from that command line.

There are other reasons why I cannot just make the desired change in the Protege.lax file, so that method will not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dennis M. O'Neill
SAIC