[protege-discussion] I saw this message "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: edu/stanford/smi/protegex/owl/jena/JenaOWLModel"

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Fri Feb 15 09:49:47 PST 2008

On Feb 15, 2008, at 7:00 AM, 이형규 wrote:

> Hi, everyone
>

> I am going to Graduate School of Soongsil University in Seoul, Korea.
>

> I am developing one plug-in of Protege at Eclipse Enviroment.
>

> when I run at Eclipse including following code, All function of My
> plug-in is success.
>

> ********* I add this code to plug-in source to excute stand-alone
> application ********

>         edu.stanford.smi.protege.Application.main(args);
> }

> But After I build source, When I put my .class files and manifest
> files at proper path,
>
> I saw following message when I excute particular my plug-in
> funtionality after excuting Protege 3.3.1

You also have to make sure that you have your plugin properties file
set up correctly.

This is especially the case where your code depends on other plugins,
such as OWL:

See the section "Dependencies on other plugins" at (<http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/pdk/plugins/plugin_support_21.html
 >) for details.  Note that this particular information is not all
that easy to locate, especially since the change that is needed
happened a while ago, so it might not be immediately obvious that you
need to read the 2.1 documentation to develop plug-ins for version 3.x

I know that resources are a bit tight at Stanford, but it would be
good if this dependency information and a short description of the
plugin properties file could be added more prominently, probably as
part of the existing item "Learn how to create a plug-in manifest and
JAR (information about packaging a plug-in as a JAR file)."