[protege-discussion] Please I need a help about Query and Export tab

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 20 11:08:20 PST 2008

Bely,

The Query Tab outputs the results file using the UTF-8 file encoding. If
the other application cannot read the file, it means that it does not
understand UTF-8.

You can change the file encoding used by Protege as described on this page:

http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/file_encodings.html

(See question: How can I make Protégé use another file encoding?)

However, there are risks with changing the default encoding, as it is
explained on the same page. For example, you may not be able to share
the project files with other users or use the project files on different
computers.

Tania