[protege-discussion] Converting OWL to ERD

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 20 12:03:49 PST 2008

Natasa,

Please ask OWL related question on the Protege OWL mailing list.

Protege has its own database backend for storing ontologies. If you are
interested in using the database backend, I suggest that you take a look
at [1]. The screenshot is a little bit old, but you will get the idea.

There is also a plugin, DataMaster [2], that imports data from a
database into an ontology. The current version does not support the
export of an ontology to a database, which seems to be what you want.

I am not aware of an OWL to ER models translator, but google might help.

In Protege there is also the possibility to write your own Export plugin
that will output the ontology in any format you would like, for example
in your own database.

Please ask in future OWL related questions on the Protege-OWL mailing list.

Tania

[1]:
http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/users_guide/projects/saving_a_database_project.html
[2]: http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/DataMaster