[protege-discussion] Pluging Protege on top of Jena.

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 22 21:48:08 PST 2008

Olivier,

Please note that we have a separate mailing list for posting Protege-OWL
related questions:

http://protege.stanford.edu/community/lists.html

I did not understand exactly what you are trying to do. Protege has its
own API which is used to built plug-ins or applications on top of
Protege. For more documentation about the Protege APIs, both frames and
OWL, please see [1].

Protege API is not built on top of Jena API. There are ways of obtaining
a Jena model out of a Protege OWL model, which are documented here [2].

The KnowledgeBase, Cls and Slot classes are part of the Protege frames
API. The Protege OWL API is built on top of it. However, if you want to
develop a plugin or an application in OWL, you should not use the frames
API, but the Protege-OWL API [3].

Please ask in future OWL related questions on the Protege-OWL mailing list.

Thanks,
Tania

[1]: http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/dev.html
[2]: http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ProtegeJenaIntegration