[protege-discussion] documentation update [WAS: Re: I saw this message "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: edu/stanford/smi/protegex/owl/jena/JenaOWLModel"]

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Sat Feb 23 17:26:53 PST 2008

Hello Thomas,

Thomas Russ wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2008, at 7:00 AM, 이형규 wrote:
>
> See the section "Dependencies on other plugins" at (<http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/pdk/plugins/plugin_support_21.html
>  >) for details.  Note that this particular information is not all that easy to locate, especially since the change that is needed happened a while ago, so it might not be immediately obvious that you need to read the 2.1 documentation to develop plug-ins for version 3.x
>
> I know that resources are a bit tight at Stanford, but it would be good if this dependency information and a short description of the plugin properties file could be added more prominently...
Thank you for reminding us about this page. It should have been updated
a while ago. There was a mish-mash of information on the page that I
attempted to separate out into three new Wiki articles:

1). "Instructions for declaring dependencies between Protege plug-ins"
(http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/PluginDependencies).

2). "How to make your plug-in's documentation available to users from
within Protege"
(http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/ProvidePluginDocs).

3). "Tips for packaging your plug-in for distribution"
(http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/PluginDistribution).

All of these articles are linked from the new "Plug-in Development"
section of the Protege 3 Developer Documentation page on the Wiki
(http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Protege3DevDocs#Plug-in_Development),
as well as from the main Protege Web site
(http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/dev.html#plugins).

Jennifer