[protege-discussion] Loading KRSS ontology in Protege 3.4

Thomas Schneider schneidt at cs.man.ac.uk
Tue Feb 26 10:24:06 PST 2008

Hi,

I'd like to perform the Prompt algorithm on quite a large ontology.
This ontology is given in the KRSS syntax; the file is some 32 MB.
Unfortunately, Protégé 3.4 can't load the KRSS format. I converted the
ontology into the OWL/RDF format, with a 230 MB .owl file. Now Protégé
3.4 can't open it because it is too big. (Even with 2.1 GB assigned to
the Java VM, loading the first 2.9 million triples took more than five
hours ...)

So is there another way, perhaps via a plugin, to load the slimmer
KRSS file in Protégé?

I'd be glad for any hint.

Cheers

Thomas

+
------------------------------------------------------------------------+
schneider at cs.man.ac.uk |
|  School of Computer Science          http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/
~schneidt |
|  Kilburn Building, Room 2.114                    phone +44 161
2756136 |
|  University of
Manchester                                              |
|  Oxford Road                                               _///
_       |
|  Manchester M13 9PL
OOOo--+

Bindle (vb.)
   To slip foreign coins into a customer's change.

                      Douglas Adams, John Lloyd: The Deeper Meaning of
Liff