[protege-discussion] Loading KRSS ontology in Protege 3.4

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 26 11:22:53 PST 2008

Thomas,

Please note that we have a different mailing list for protege-owl
related questions.

There are ways of loading a large ontology into protege 3.4 by using the
streaming parser, which writes the triples directly into a database
rather than keeping them in memory. If you are interested, I can give
you more details about it.

However, I suggest that you try out protege 4, which requires much less
memory than protege 3, and handles large ontology much better.

Please post in future protege 3 owl related questions on the protege-owl
mailing list. We also have a separate mailing list for protege 4, called
p4feedback.

Thanks,
Tania