[protege-discussion] Identifying Coments and common properties

Rishi rishikanth.s at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 19:30:19 PST 2008

Hello Tania

Thank you very much for reply. I was able to undertsand the Collaborative
Protege. I have few more question:

1. How can we change the name of the Author
2. How can we query the results of Colloborative Column. I am JENA API for
querying ontology.

My project involes creating of a instance and many different people comment
on the instance. For example Cheese Pizza is an instance and I will comment
on the pizza, second person comes in and comments on the same pizza. How can
I query the results from the ontology. I hope I have explained my situation.

Thank you,
On Jan 9, 2008 9:16 PM, Tania Tudorache <tudorache at stanford.edu> wrote:

> Rishi,
>
> Did you take a look at Collaborative Protege?
>
> http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/collab-protege/
>
> It allows multiple editors to edit the same ontology simultaneously; it
> tracks the changes in the ontology, who did them and when, and you are
> also able to comment on the classes,properties, individuals or even on
> the changes.
>
> If you would like to use only the change tracking component, you can use
> the ChangesTab.
>
> http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Changes_Tab
>
> Tania
>

> Rishi wrote:
> > Hello Group
> >
> > I have previously used Protege tool for developing ontology for my
> > thesis work. Now I am working on my personal project where I am trying
> > to create a ontology for a educational domain. In my situation
> > multiple developers write to the same ontology file. The developers
> > can add multiple comments(rdfs:Comment),names to a instance or class.
> > We are unable to know who has written a particular comment and at
> > which particular time. We want to know who has added a particular
> > comment and time when they have added it. Can someone throw some light
> > my issue.
> >

> > Thank You
> >
> > --
> > Rishi Kanth