[protege-discussion] Identifying Coments and common properties

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Fri Jan 11 14:49:28 PST 2008

Hi Rishi,

Rishi wrote:

> 1. How can we change the name of the Author

If multiple users are going to edit the ontology, then I suggest that
you use the multi-user mode of Collaborative Protege.
Multi-user Protege has a login name and a password for each user, and if
somebody creates an annotation or does a change in the ontology, then
the Author of the annotation or of the change will be the user name.

A tutorial of multi-user Protege is here:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Protege_Client-Server_Tutorial

> 2. How can we query the results of Colloborative Column. I am JENA API
> for querying ontology.

The annotations and changes are stored as instances in a
Change&Annotations RDF ontology. You can read more details here:

http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/collab-protege/doc/collabProtege_demo.pdf
http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/collab-protege/doc/collabProtegeShortPresentation.pdf

You can query the changes and annotations from the Change&Annotation
ontology by using any RDF API. For example, you can use Protege or Jena.
There is also a Changes API, but we are working on refactoring it at the
moment.

Tania