[protege-discussion] How can I get travel.repository?

esharris esharris at mitre.org
Tue Jan 15 11:55:26 PST 2008

I tried executing the following code.
            String uri =
"http://protege.cim3.net/file/pub/ontologies/travel/travel.owl";
            OWLModel owlModel = ProtegeOWL.createJenaOWLModelFromURI(uri);
            OWLNamedClass worldClass =
owlModel.createOWLNamedClass("World");
            System.out.println("Class URI: " + worldClass.getURI());
When I run the program, I get the following warning.
WARNING: [Repository Manager] Could not find repository file:
http://protege.cim3.net/file/pub/ontologies/travel/travel.repository --
RepositoryFileManager.loadRepositoriesFromURI()

How can I get the need repository file?

In the forum section “error in creating OWLModel from uri”, Csongor Nyulas
said, “if you load your owl file in[to] Protege, he will ask you to specify
where the referred owl files are, and after you specify them you can save
the ontology and Protege creates also the .pprj and .repository files.” I
opened a local copy of travel.owl file in Protégé and saved it. I used the
open dialog box to find a local copy. Otherwise, there were no requests for
the referred owl files. These actions created a .pprj file, but not a
repository file.