[protege-discussion] protege-discussion Digest, Vol 18, Issue 11

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Wed Jan 16 10:55:31 PST 2008

On Jan 15, 2008, at 9:51 AM, hhuang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The OntoViz manual
> (<http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntoViz#nid6C6>http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntoViz#nid6C6)
> states that the graphs can be saves as gif in the "Ontoviz Global
> Options."  However, it generates a Word file for me, instead that
> contains coordinates of the graphics.  Does anyone have any advice?

Actually, the .dot file is not a Word file at all.  That's one of the
hazards of trying to use file extensions to determine file type.  You
get conflicts.  It is a plain text file with commands in the dot
language (the input language to the dot program).

If you go to the options page and check the box to also save the file
as gif, you should also see a .gif file in the same directory as
the .dot file.

[Extraneous quoted material deleted.]