[protege-discussion] ontology engineering

Serge Libotte slibotte at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 02:42:10 PST 2008

I found this one:

Clark & Parsia LLC is looking for an experienced Java programmer to
join the team responsible for Pellet, in order to work on R&D projects
and production systems in semantic technologies, including reasoning,
planning, description logics, semantic web services, logistics, etc.

The successful applicant will be smart and have a demonstrable record
of getting things done.

* Bachelor's or Master's in CS or similar field
* Minimum 5 years of _serious_ programming experience
* Experience with AI, KR, logic programming a definite plus
* Enthusiasm for solving difficult, algorithmically novel problems
required
* Familiarity with database theory valuable
* Familiarity with systems or operations research also valuable
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be eligible to work permanently in the US

We offer the following benefits:

* Competitive salary and benefits (401k, FSA, major medical, vision,
dental, etc)
* Intellectually stimulating work that matters
* Interesting, vibrant work environment:
    * regular office sports outings,
    * Wii tournaments,
    * great espresso & coffee
    * well-stocked 'fridge
    * Beer Fridays
    * great location: 1 block from Metro (Mt Vernon Square, Green
Line) near Convention Center
    * all the charms of DC life -- who needs those West Coast punks
w/ their perfect weather!?

To apply please send a resume & cover letter to me *off-list*:
kendall at clarkparsia.com