[protege-discussion] MS SQL Server 2005 index maximum size exceededduring Project Conversion to ProtegeDB

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Thu Jan 17 11:27:23 PST 2008

I've just realised that where I said nvarchar(400), my SQL Server 2005
database has actually created the 'short_value' column as an nvarchar(800).
I'm not sure if this is the Micrsoft JDBC driver (version 1.2) or the
database that's used such a column type. But you can see how quickly the
index key would get beyond 900 bytes (SQL Server sums the columns used in
the index to establish the required key length).

Jonathan

  _____