[protege-discussion] UMLS in Protege but not over the network

Mitch Harris maharri at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 12:43:20 PST 2008

I want to include terms from UMLS in an ontology I'm developing with
Protege. I have used successfully in the past the UMLSKS service with
the UMLS tab. But now I happen to be behind a firewall where it is
possible but a bureaucratic nightmare to get the requisite port
opened.

Surely it is possible to use Protege with the downloaded UMLS files.
But possible doesn't mean easy. Is there code/a tab that doesn't use
an IP address but rather the the local file location? Or some obvious
solution that I am missing?

Thanks for any pointers,
Mitch