[protege-discussion] Oracle DB project user privileges?

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Mon Jan 21 03:20:09 PST 2008

Hi,

When I was looking in the problem I have with MS SQL Server 2005 (and I have
to say, I lay that one at Microsoft's door...) I noticed in the source code
for the DatabaseFrameDb.java, a comment in the code that says "For some
bizarre reason on Oracle doing an index on the function of a column requires
that a user have an obscure addition privelege on the database.
Unfortunately this privelege is disabled by default."
This is a comment on the createIndexOnLowerValue() method of
DatabaseFrameDb.java.

OK, my question is: What is this obscure addition privilege for the user
that I need to know about?
What are the things that I need to know in order to use Oracle as the DB
backend - beyond the standard, driver, URL, table, user name and password?

Thanks for your help - any experiences of using Oracle as the database would
be great.

Regards

Jonathan

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd
Web: www.enterprise-architecture.com
<http://www.enterprise-architecture.com/>

Assess your EA maturity at:

W O R L D    C L A S S    A R C H I T E C T U R E