[protege-discussion] [Fwd: Protege server - 1) Adding project by http URL 2)adding new user]

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 30 10:52:18 PST 2008

In answer to your questions:

1).  Yes, you should be able to use an HTTP URL, but I tested it and it
does not seem to be working.  We are pretty swamped right now, so I
can't give you an exact time frame for when this bug will be fixed.

2).  Yes, if you change the Metaproject, you need to restart the server
before the clients will see the changes.  However, if you really need a
workaround, you could consider making changes to the Metaproject
programmatically, which will immediately be reflected in the clients.
The Protege API includes an API for accessing and manipulating the
metaproject.  You will find these methods in the
edu.stanford.smi.protege.server.metaproject package.

Jennifer