[protege-discussion] Protege - OWL compatible software tool

berkan sesen berkansesen at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 09:01:44 PDT 2008

Dear Community,

I use many Universal and Existential restrictions in my ontology to specify constraints on various object properties:

E.g. "ClassA" isRelatedto some "ClassB"

Is it possible to use Racer/Java/Any tool to automatically infer from the restriction above that if I have an individual of "ClassA", it should have isRelatedto relationship with at least one "ClassB" individual?

I am looking for a tool by which I can enforce this restriction without writing an explicit query (A tool that understands what Protege-OWL is talking about, indeed). Can Racer (or any other tool) "semantically" understand this axiom and do a consistency check on the individuals of the given classes?

Any replies will be immensely appreciated.

Thank you,
Berkan Sesen