[protege-discussion] Question about query export

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 11 11:13:18 PDT 2008

Hi Nafiye,

Nafiye Talas wrote:
> Hi Tania and Jonathan,
>
> I also tried those delimiters (?, |, "", ^, ~) but unfortunatelly it
> does not change the 2 issues that are in the CSV file.
> So indeed like Jonathan says the export is still separating fields by
> the ',' and <enter>.

I find this hard to believe. I've tested this yesterday and it works
fine. Do you mean that the file produced by protege has the wrong
delimiters, or that when you import it in Excel, you get the wrong split
in columns? I don't think it is the case with the former, but with the
latter, you need to configure Excel to use other delimiters when it
imports the file. You should also try to open the file in a text editor
(not in eclipse), to see exactly what is being exported.

Please note also that there are two delimiters: one is for the slot
values (which you would want to have in the same coulumn, and which
defaults to ","), and one is for different slots (which defaults to "\t"
and should be exported to different columns).

> If you can send me the jar file that would be great.

I've attached the jar.

> I hope that this new jar will solve the problem. Since it is not
> desirable to replace all the comma's ',' and <enter>
> in all the instances.
No, definitely. But, you should use other delimiters instead of "," for
the slot values when you export.

Tania