[protege-discussion] have problem with "OWL viz tab", How can I set the path to the DOT application?

maha maha_isims at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 21 18:42:39 PDT 2008

Hello Fateme,

I ran into a similar problem but I found out that I needed a library called DOT.
I am using protege version 3.3.1 so I am not really sure if that would work for you.
However, you can get info about the OWLViz for protege 3.x here: [http://www.co-ode.org/downloads/owlviz/] (if you are using it).
You need a recent version of the GraphViz tools that contains the DOT.exe file.
You can install your OWLViz libraries in any directory you want as long you can point your protege to that location.
>From the OWLViz tab, go to options and then set the path where you originally installed your DOT.exe.
It doesn't matter where you installed it, but you must make sure that you point to the exact location.
Attached is a screenshot of my DOT.exe path.

Hope that works for you.
Best,
Maha