[protege-discussion] excel file imports in Protege Owl 3.3.1

himali shah dr_himalishah at yahoo.co.in
Sun Jul 27 11:24:59 PDT 2008

Hi there:

I am trying to import excel files using DataMaster tab in Protege Owl 3.3.1. As per the instructions at

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/XlSQL-Y8

I downloaded The Excel JDBC driver xlSQL-Y8 on my machine and copied the relevant .jar files to DataMaster plug-in folder under Protege Owl. I also changed the Driver name and JDBC URL in the DataMaster Tab as per the instructions (Step 4 in the above webpage). However - even though my excel worksheets are stored in the specified directory - I consistently get the following message:

No table found in this data source

Kindly let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Himali.

PS: I understand that I can import and work with excel files easily in Protege Owl 4.0. However, I have to work with Jambalaya Tab which is supported in Protege Owl 3.3.1 version and not in 4.0.

      Share files, take polls, and make new friends - all under one roof. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/