[protege-discussion] Protege API loadProjectFromFile() question...

Roosh clroush at usgs.gov
Wed Jun 4 14:55:09 PDT 2008

Hi everyone!

I am working on a Java program and I need to open a protege project.

For example, my code is like this:

String uri =
"file:/D:/Program%20Files/Protege_3.3.1/examples/pizza/pizza.owl.pprj";
ArrayList errors = new ArrayList();
Project prj = Project.loadProjectFromFile(uri, errors);

PROBLEM: This is only an example, my actual program uses a file chooser to
select the file
and the URI is passed to the loadProjectFromFile() function. However, when I
do this the file will not load because it seems that loadProjectFromFile()
concatenates the current build path to the front of the URI
passed in. This is what the console says after trying to load the file:

SEVERE: Unable to load project from:
file:/D:/Program%20Files/Protege_3.3.1/file:/D:/Program%2520Files/Protege_3.3.1/examples/pizza/pizza.owl.pprj
-- Project.getProjectInstancesReader()

Is there any way to fix this?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!