[protege-discussion] pprj not saving meta-class

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 5 18:09:01 PDT 2008

Len,

I understand from your email that you are using the XML Backend. Is this
right?

The undefined class message means that there is an instance of a class,
for which you don't have any definition in the xml file. Could it be
that the class was included from another project and the class is not
found anymore (e.g. you removed the included project, or the included
project is not found)? In any case, Protege will create the class for
you and add it under a :UNDEFINED class.

Second issue with the metaclass. From your description, it seems that
the metaclass is abstract. The metaclass should not be abstract if you
have classes that are instances of it. Is the message that you get
similar to the one attached to this email? If the metaclass is abstract,
the solution is to make it concrete, and you won't get that message anymore.

Tania