[protege-discussion] [POSSIBLE VIRUS:###] Re: pprj not saving meta-class

Len Yabloko protege at ontospace.net
Tue Jun 10 15:19:34 PDT 2008

Hi Tania,

>Yes, this information would have been helpful in the first email :)
>
>I think there is something wrong with the way you generate the metaclasses.
>
>> First I generate top level meta-class like this
>>
>> DB = KB.createCls(reverseEngine.getCatalog(),TOPIC);
>>

>This doesn't look right. What is TOPIC? If this is the top metaclass,
>then it should be a subclass of :STANDARD-CLASS (or of :CLASS),
>otherwise the class is not recognized as a metaclass.

No, TOPIC is collection created with following code

META_CLASS = Arrays.asList(new Cls[] {KB.getCls(Model.Cls.STANDARD_CLASS)});

ONTOSPACE = KB.createCls(ONTOBASE,META_CLASS);

TOPIC = Arrays.asList(new Cls[] {ONTOSPACE});

>> Then I define collection
>>
>> DATABASE = Arrays.asList(new Cls[] {DB});
>>
>> And later I generate child meta-class:
>>
>> table = KB.createCls(tableName, DATABASE);
>>

>Looks good, if DB is indeed a metaclass.
>
>> All meta-classes later get instance classes, but only non-leaf meta-classes lose definition when saving in *.pont, *.pins.
>>

>I could not reproduce that. Here is an example code that I have tested
>and it works fine.
>
>//create top metaclass - as subclass of :STANDARD-CLASS
>Cls metacls = kb.createCls("MyMetaCls",
>
>CollectionUtilities.createCollection(kb.getSystemFrames().getStandardClsMetaCls()));
>//create a subclass of the metaclass
>Cls metacls2 = kb.createCls("MySubMetaCls",
>CollectionUtilities.createCollection(metacls));
>
>//create classes using the metaclasses
>Cls cls = kb.createCls("MyCls", kb.getRootClses(), metacls);
>Cls cls2 = kb.createCls("MyCls2", kb.getRootClses(), metacls2);
>
>//create instances of the classes
>Instance inst = cls.createDirectInstance("MyInst");
>Instance inst2 = cls2.createDirectInstance("MyInst2");
>

>If you still have problems with your code, I can help further only if I
>see the code.

I am attaching my project in xml format. If you open it and try to convert to regular format you should see errors when it re-loads in a regular format.